SCACPA’s flagship event, Virtual Fall Fest 2020, is here! To find your online session, go to our Welcome Page at www.scacpa.org/classroom.
We’re adopting and innovating so you can earn 16 hours of insightful CPE as we meet remotely.
As a special surprise: Our incredible sponsor, CPA Charge, is offering a chance for you to win a pair of Apple AirPods Pro, just complete this form!
To meet you educational needs, you can choose from tracks of Tax and A&A on Nov. 12-13, or click on the links in the course titles below to mix and match your sessions and attend as many as you choose individually.
SCACPA is working hard to coordinate with our speakers to make your 2020 online learning as interactive as possible and closer to what you would expect from an in-person event. Our elite practitioners deliver an incredible variety of the high-quality CPE you require, combined with the convenience and security of livestream presentations.
We’re bringing the profession’s most engaging speakers to you for up-to-date learning. Get to know them, and register now!
TAX TRACK SPEAKERS
Bradley is a tax accountant and attorney with an emphasis on tax planning and tax controversy. He has delivered more than 650 presentations on tax law and tax planning to CPAs, attorneys and civic groups throughout 46 states, Washington D.C., and British Columbia.
A federal tax specialist for 50 years, Lynn provides tax consulting services to CPA firms on complex federal income tax issues, professional standards in tax practice and effective tax practice management. He is SCACPA’s advisor on Tax topics. Lynn loves teaching tax topics and enjoys helping others understand the Internal Revenue Code’s complexities.
Roxanne has more than 28 years of experience with pro-active tax planning and coaching for businesses. She is the managing partner at RPO Associates, CPAs, LLC, and formerly was a partner in another statewide firm acting as tax and audit partner. Roxanne currently reviews and edits professional education tax manuals for providers of tax and accounting education throughout the U. S.
David is the founder and owner of Peters Tax Preparation & Consulting PC, a financial advisor for Peters Financial LLC in Richmond, Virginia, and SCACPA’s advisor and speaker on Business and Industry topics. He has more than 16 years of experience in financial services, including three years in the hedge fund industry and six years in insurance.
A&A TRACK SPEAKERS
Miller is a partner with Mauldin & Jenkins CPA, where he is responsible for the firm-wide governmental practice division. His experience covers clients in federal, state and local government. Miller has approximately 32 years of experience in providing public accounting services to the governmental sector, all of which has occurred as an auditor with Mauldin & Jenkins.
Melisa is the founder of Galasso Learning Solutions LLC and SCACPA’s advisor on A&A topics. With over 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, she designs and facilitates courses in advanced technical accounting and auditing topics, including not-for-profit and governmental accounting.
- Kristen is a Senior Manager with a focus on Audit/Assurance at Bauknight Pietras & Stormer PA. Her forte is business advisory services and assurance engagements. She has experience in the special practice areas of merger and acquisition due diligence, assessing and applying for energy tax credits and deductions, IRS and DOL compliance programs, best practice assessments, business valuations and forecasting.
- Lindsay joined Bauknight, Pietras and Stormer PA in 2013. She has completed audit engagements and accounting/financial reporting matters for companies primarily in the nonprofit, telecommunications, manufacturing, captive insurance and distribution industries.
- Paul is an audit manager at Bauknight Pietras & Stormer, PA. He is a member of the audit and business advisory department and provides assurance and business advisory services to clients primarily in the manufacturing, construction and distribution industries.
Jessica joined Bauknight Pietras & Stormer PA in 2016 after earning her Master of Accounting and BBA degrees from Kennesaw State University. She is a senior in Audit and Assurance and works closely with clients in the captive insurance, distribution, manufacturing and telecom industries, providing audit and attestation services. She will also be a panelist for ““Internal Control and COSO Essentials for Financial Managers, Accountants and Auditors”
Tim is a partner with Mauldin & Jenkins. His experience includes clients in federal, state and local governments throughout the Southeast with a primary focus on Georgia and the Carolinas. He works primarily with state agencies, school districts and other educational institutions, counties, cities, and other governmental entities and nonprofits.
Bruce is a partner and Director of Auditing at a regional, top 40 accounting firm in Destin, Florida. He has nine years of experience with Ernst & Young, LLP. Bruce has been awarded the Outstanding Discussion Leader designation by the Florida Institute of CPAs.
Tom joined Bauknight Pietras & Stormer PA in 1992 as a shareholder and is the firm’s Director of Accounting and Auditing. He is responsible for ensuring that the firm is fully informed of current developments in accounting standards and in compliance with the latest auditing standards. He frequently serves as an expert witness relating to accounting and auditing issues.
- Keith Hendrix (assurance partner with GreerWalker LLP in Greenville)
- Antonia (Toni) Berbrick (Professor of Accounting at Winthrop University in Rock Hill)
- Jessica Kaczor (Bauknight Pietras & Stormer)
- Ramona Farrell (owner of Farrell Insights LLC)
- Christina Mehltretter (Senior VP, Internal Audit at LPL Financial): “Internal Control and COSO Essentials for Financial Managers, Accountants and Auditors”
SCACPA will also offer livestream sessions of B&I, Government, Nonprofit and Variety that we would offer in our in-person Fall Fest, so be on the lookout all through September and October. Maximize the value of your investment in membership by attending MORE of our Fall Fest offerings than you could during our traditional concurrent five-track event. Register for Virtual Fall Fest 2020 and its related sessions today!
Have a suggestion for a course topic you’d like to see as a future SCACPA CPE event? Tell us your recommendations by filling out this form on our website, and we’ll take it under consideration to appear at an upcoming Spring Splash, Fall Fest or on our annual schedule.