What are the CPE Requirements for South Carolina?
Regulation 1-08(A)(2) states that each person to whom the CPE requirement applies shall complete forty hours of acceptable CPE each calendar year as a condition of obtaining a renewal license.
- No more than 8 hours of the required hours may be in personal development subjects.
- No more than 20 hours of the required hours may be in self-study programs. Self-study credits are not available for carry-over credit.
- No more than 10 hours of CPE can be earned in a calendar day.
- To meet the ethics requirement, you must reach 6 hours of ethics credit in a three-year period, 2 of those 6 hours must be in South Carolina Rules and Regulations. The South Carolina Board of Accountancy must approve the South Carolina Rules and Regulations course.
More information about South Carolina CPE requirements can be found at the South Carolina Board of Accountancy website.
The information and suggestions presented at the classes, seminars, and conferences sponsored by the South Carolina Association of CPAs are subject to constant change and, therefore, should serve only as a foundation for further investigation and study. Further, any forms presented at such classes, seminars or conferences are samples only and are not necessarily authoritative. All information, procedures and forms contained or used in such classes, seminars or conferences should be very carefully reviewed and should serve only as a guide for use in specific situations. The opinions expressed by discussion leaders and discussion panelists are those of such discussion leaders and discussion panelists and are not necessarily those of the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants.
eMaterials Terms and Conditions
- Materials are copyrighted and permission to download and/or print is granted to the paid participant of the event exclusively.
- Materials will not be provided to you at the event, unless when offered printed materials have been purchased in advance.
- If you choose to bring your laptop/eReader to the event, SCACPA cannot guarantee internet access. We recommend you download the eMaterials to your device in advance.
- A charging station will be available for access to electrical power.
- Once the materials are uploaded to the SCACPA website, refunds, CPE Bank refunds, transfers and cancellations, are no longer accepted.
Distribution of Materials
Materials prepared by SCACPA or our vendors are designed speciﬁcally for use at the program and are available only to participants. The materials, or portions thereof, are not available for sale to individuals or institutions and may not be reproduced.
Unless otherwise noted, materials for all courses and conferences will be provided electronically three business days prior to the program date. Registrants will have access to the course materials on the SCACPA website.
Course Program Cancellations
SCACPA reserves the right to cancel programs due to lack of enrollment, inclement weather, speaker unavailability, or any other unforeseen circumstances. In these situations, a full refund for those registered for the program will be issued in the form of credit to member CPE Banks or payment method by non-members or members who have used their 40 hours.
For non-SCACPA members, government vouchers will be accepted if a complete registration form with a purchase order number and signature is received in our office before the course date. A credit card number is required to reserve your space when registering with a government voucher. If payment is not received within 30 days, the credit card will be charged.
Complaints about the course content and presentation should be addressed on the electronic evaluation survey that is sent to each registrant on the day of the course. All other complaints, including those about administrators or discussion leaders, should be sent to COO/CFO Jacque Curtin, by email at email@example.com or speak to the SCACPA staff onsite.
The South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants is not liable for losses incurred through cancellations or changes in air or hotel reservations for whatever reason, including cancellation of programs. SCACPA recommends postponing air travel until sufficient registrations are received to ensure a particular program will be held as scheduled.