The South Carolina Association of CPAs would like to alert its members that the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation has begun issuing courtesy notice email alerts with instructions for license renewal. A license will be counted as lapsed after Jan. 31, 2020.
If you have not received a license renewal notice from the LLR, its information is included below, including links to the LLR’s renewal website, CPE carryover hours checkup and CPE reporting instructions, as well as password reset/recovery resources (you must have a current email address on file with the Board of Accountancy to reset your password).
If you have further questions, email please email the Board of Accountancy at Contact.Accountancy@llr.sc.gov.
Subject: LLR – License Renewal Notice
It is time to renew your Certified Public Accountant or Accounting Practitioner license with the South Carolina Board of Accountancy for 2020. Information to renew your license online is provided below. Keep this information for your records. This information will give you access to online services provided by LLR. This form is not a renewal application. It is a courtesy notice to assist you in renewing your license online. Do not return this form with a check.
Name: <<LAST NAME, FIRST NAME>>
User ID: <<USER ID>>
License Type: (CPA.A) CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT
License Number: <<CPA.NUMBER>>
Expiration Date: 01/31/2020
Recover/Reset My Password: https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/SSO/Login/RecoverPass/
Renewal Website: https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/OnlineRenewals/
Other Online Services: https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/SSO/
LLR Website: http://llr.sc.gov/pol/rec [Web Address that redirects to https://llr.sc.gov/]
To obtain your CPE carryover hours for the prior year, please login to the Online Renewal website at: https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/OnlineRenewals/
Eservice is available twenty-four (24) hours a day. Your UserID is listed above. If you do not know your password, go to the “Recover/Reset My Password” web link, https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/SSO/Login/RecoverPass/, and a link to reset your password will be emailed to you. You must have a current email address on file with the Board to be able to reset your password. If you do not have a current email address on file with the Board, please email the Board at Contact.Accountancy@llr.sc.gov with your name, license number, last 5 digits of your social security number and current email address. A current email address must be kept on file with the Board at all times.
The online renewal application process features a proxy payment link. This will enable the licensee to email a link to a third party (such as their employer) for payment. For privacy and security purposes, the third party will only have access to information such as name, license type and number and payment amount.
ANNUAL RENEWAL FEE SCHEDULE
- CPA and AP licenses renewed on or before January 31, 2020, fee is $80.00.
- After January 31, 2020, the license is lapsed.
- After February 15, 2020, you will need to complete a Reinstatement Application with a fee of $580 ($500 reinstatement fee and $80 current renewal fee.) In addition, a criminal background check is required as part of the reinstatement process. Instructions will be provided by board staff, once all other required documentation is received.
- If you do not wish to renew, please return this notice with a brief statement of explanation along with your wall certificate. If you fail to renew or your license is revoked, your wall certificate must be returned to the Board’s office (Reg. 1-07).
- Continuing Education: Each licensee shall complete forty (40) hours of acceptable CPE each calendar year as a condition of obtaining a renewal license for the licensing period beginning January 1 of the following year. Not more than twenty (20%) percent (8 hours) of the required hours may be in personal development subjects. Excess personal development, ethics and self-study hours are not eligible for carry forward credit. A person who obtains his or her original license for the first time must complete at least forty (40) hours of acceptable CPE during the calendar year following the year in which the original license was obtained. There is no provision for carryover from a year in which CPE was not required. Further information about CPE can be found in Regulation 1-08.
You can download and submit your CPE Report by following the link located within the online renewal or by logging into https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/DocumentSubmission/. Unsigned reports will be returned. Attach all self-study certificates to the report. Include in the file your Last Name, First Name, License Type, License Number (i.e. TESTPERSON, JOEY, CPA, 0123).