Your membership is so much more than a CPE bank. It’s access to a community of professionals that protect, promote, inform, grow and educate CPAs in South Carolina.
Did you know that in the 2018-2019 membership year, SCACPA:
- Coordinated high school, university, and local community events to inform students of the value of the CPA.
- Held more than 20 social events enabling CPAs to enhance their professional network with their peers.
- Created a new PR campaign to promote the value of CPAs to the local business community.
- Worked with legislators on tax conformity, tax reform, occupational licensing, and financial literacy programs.
- Worked with our chapters to coordinate 9 giving campaigns to help support local communities in South Carolina.
- Provided timely information and communications about professional issues and disaster recovery.
- Saved members over $300,000 in CPE expenses.
- Added new information tools including weekly post casts focused on Federal Tax, A&A, and technology.
- Offered more than 40 hours of live CPE in each of our chapters, over 100 hours of livestreamed content, and partnered with surgent for on-demand offerings.
- Those are just a few of the highlights, and with your continued support we’re just getting started.
SCACPA works year-round to make the organization one that promotes advocacy, community, education, growth and networking. But it’s important to note that none of it would be possible without you, the members. Without you, SCACPA simply doesn’t exist. And without SCACPA, advocacy efforts on behalf of South Carolina CPAs simply would not happen. There would be no formal community where CPAs would be encouraged to come together for support, networking and connecting. There would be no other source where you could receive all of your CPE here within the state of South Carolina, all for one, all-inclusive rate.
This year, if you are considering whether you should renew your SCACPA membership or perhaps join for the first time, imagine a world without SCACPA. In reality, even non-members benefit from SCACPA’s efforts. However, without a strong membership base, the organization cannot exist. Simply put, South Carolina CPAs are stronger together.
When you have received your SCACPA membership packet in the mail, look at it and ask yourself, what is your membership—advocacy, community, education, growth, networking, connecting—worth to you.
* Please note: The 2019-2020 All-Inclusive $799 membership rate is NOT an increase over last year’s rate. Last year, SCACPA chapters offset the cost of memberships by $99 each for the first year of the new membership model. The $799 rate was set for the 2018-2019 membership year and is not expected to increase.