Spring Splash Reminder! SCACPA is offering more than 60 hours of livestream learning in May and June. There’s still time to register for Lynn Nichols’ informative livestream Tax sessions:
Welcome to the Federal Tax Update Podcast, hosted by Lynn Nichols. This is presented as a member benefit by the South Carolina Association of CPAs. It is produced to provide current information about developments in U.S. tax law, such as cases, ruling, IRS pronouncements and expert comments on hot topics.
Trending in this edition:
- Refunds of Tax On Unemployment Comp Starting This Week (1:12 mark)
- Company Buys Intangible Limiting Liability From ‘Major Event” (2:07 mark)
- Advance Child Credit Payments Will Start in July (4:14 mark)
- Expenses Were Incurred … Just no Connection to a Business (5:36 mark)
- “Streamlined Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code” Updated (7:30 mark)
- IRS Provides Q&A on COBRA Continuation Coverage (9:02 mark)
- Too Much Income for “Excess Advance Premium Tax Credit Payments” (10:08 mark)
- Construction Industry Audit Technique Guide Revised (12:16 mark)
- Practice Unit Covers Allocation and Apportionment for Foreign Tax Credit Limitation (13:22 mark)
Missed last week’s Tax topic? Catch up with Lynn and his Tax Updates video playlist.
All commentary is brief, and you should not take a position on the items discussed until you thoroughly examine it with authoritative sources. The topics can be found discussed in further length at Tax Notes Today.
“I have relied on Tax Analysts® to provide reliable and timely analysis of Federal tax developments for over 30 years. The ‘headnotes’ you see here are from ‘Tax Notes Today,’ the preeminent source of accurate information and analysis of important developments and trends in Federal taxation,” Nichols says.
You can contact Lynn Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714.321.3387 and connect on LinkedIn.
A federal tax specialist for 50 years, Lynn Nichols provides tax consulting services to CPA firms on complex federal income tax issues, professional standards in tax practice and effective tax practice management.
Click and subscribe to the SCACPA YouTube channel so you don’t miss another update on guidance from the experts!