Welcome to the Federal Tax Update Podcast, hosted by Lynn Nichols. The COVID-Related Tax Relief Act of 2020 is here, and the checks are in the mail. Join Lynn Nichols for a discussion about what we know is in the bill:
- Additional 2020 Rebate for Individuals
- Extension of Deferred Payroll Taxes
- Guidance Clarifying Educator Expense Deductions
- Clarification of Tax Treatment of PPP Loans and Expenses Paid with Loan Proceeds
- Emergency Financial Aid Grants
- Tax Treatment of Various Loan Forgiveness
- Authority to Waive 1099 Reporting of Loan Forgiveness Amounts
- And more!
This is presented as a member benefit by the South Carolina Association of CPAs. It is produced to provide current information about developments in U.S. tax law, such as cases, ruling, IRS pronouncements and expert comments on hot topics.
The commentary is brief, and you should not take a position on the items discussed until you thoroughly examine it with authoritative sources.
A federal tax specialist for 50 years, Lynn Nichols provides tax consulting services to CPA firms on complex federal income tax issues, professional standards in tax practice and effective tax practice management. Check out his Tax Updates video playlist.
Click and subscribe to the SCACPA YouTube channel so you don’t miss another update on guidance from the experts.