Graduating from college opens the door to opportunities within the CPA profession. Oftentimes, the coveted diploma comes with some student loan debt. The SCACPA Educational Fund Trustees want to help tomorrow’s CPAs alleviate that burden and support them on their journeys.
Based upon the number of qualified applicants and monies available, the Trustees will evaluate the applicants to determine the member(s) to receive student loan debt relief. Note the relief will be paid to the student loan debt company, not the individual. The relief can only be applied to the member’s debt and not the debt of a friend or family member.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Student Loan Debt Application (below)
- Copy of Student Loan Statement
- Contact information for Student Loan Debt Company
- Living or working in South Carolina
- SCACPA-paying member for a minimum of six months
- Holds a South Carolina CPA license
- Trustees will determine the amount of each award
- Payable to student loan debt company (not the individual)
This award is taxable, so each recipient must submit a Form W-9 before payment is sent. Each recipient will receive a Form 1099. Contact Jacque Curtin, SCACPA COO/CFO, with questions.