The following email was sent from the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation on December 3, 2022. Questions regarding this renewal process and your CPA license may be directed to the SC Board of Accountancy at Contact.Accountancy@llr.sc.gov or 803.896.4770.
Renewals for your Certified Public Accounting or Accounting Practitioner license with the South Carolina Board of Accountancy for 2023 are now open. Information to renew your license online is provided below. Keep this information for your records. This information will give you access to online services provided by LLR. This form is not a renewal application. It is a courtesy notice to assist you in renewing your license online.
Recover/Reset My Password: Https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/SSO/Login/RecoverPass/
Renewal Website: https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/OnlineRenewals/
Other Online Services: https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/SSO/
LLR Website: http://www.llr.sc.gov/acct
To obtain your CPE carryover hours for the prior year, please log in to the Online Renewal website at: https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/OnlineRenewals/
Eservice is available twenty-four (24) hours a day. Your UserID is listed above. If you have not accessed your e-service account in a while, you may need to reset/recover your password. Go to the Recover/Reset My Password web link at https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/SSO/Login/RecoverPass/, and a link to reset your password will be emailed to you. You must have a current email address on file with the Board to be able to reset your password. If you do not have a current email address on file with the Board, please email the Board at Contact.Accountancy@llr.sc.gov with your name, license number, last 5 digits of your social security number, and current email address before attempting to renew your license. A current email address must be kept on file with the Board at all times.
The online renewal application process features a proxy payment link. This will enable the licensee to email a link to a third party (such as their employer) for payment. For privacy and security purposes, the third party will only have access to information such as name, license type and number, and payment amount. The licensee is responsible for following up with the proxy to ensure payment is made timely for their renewal.
ANNUAL RENEWAL FEE SCHEDULE
- For CPA and AP licenses renewed/postmarked on or before February 1, 2023, the fee is $80.00.
- After February 1, 2023, at 11:59pm, the license is lapsed.
- After February 16, 2023, you must complete a Reinstatement Application with a fee of $580 ($500 reinstatement fee and $80 current renewal fee.) In addition, a criminal background check is required as part of the reinstatement process. Instructions for the background check will be provided by board staff, once all other required documentation is received.
- If you do not wish to renew, please return this notice with a brief statement of explanation along with your wall certificate. If you fail to renew or your license is revoked, your wall certificate must be returned to the Board’s office (Reg. 1-07).
- Continuing Education: Each licensee must complete forty (40) hours of acceptable CPE each calendar year as a condition of obtaining a renewal license for the licensing period beginning January 1 of the following year. Licensees must now obtain at least two hours of CPE in ethics each calendar year, as part of the 40 hours of CPE that licensees are required to complete annually. The Board of Accountancy no longer requires the SC-specific ethics course, so licensees can now meet the annual ethics requirement by choosing any qualified CPE course in behavioral or regulatory ethics.
You can download and submit your CPE Report by following the link located within the online renewal or by logging into https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/DocumentSubmission/. Unsigned reports will be returned. Attach all self-study certificates to the report.