The pace of change has never been this fast, yet it will never be this slow again. With your support, SCACPA successfully navigated the change to the new All-Inclusive membership model.
This new membership empowers SCACPA to utilize our resources in new ways, delivering the maximum benefit for your membership dollar. With a member retention rate exceeding 85%, member savings reaching into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, enhanced advocacy and a redesigned CPE program, SCACPA remains strong and is positioned to succeed long into the future.
Thank you. Without you and your support, we couldn’t have made All-Inclusive Membership a success in possibly the most significant year of change in the Association’s history. Let’s review what your efforts enabled SCACPA to achieve in the past year.
Your Association, created by and for CPAs, is committed to protecting, promoting, growing, informing and educating CPAs in South Carolina. SCACPA is 4,300 members strong and growing. New for this year:
- Chapter leaders are working hard for you. Make sure to check out the latest Chapter social events in your area. Events include professional networking, student and legislative events.
- Who says CPE has to be boring? Our Accounting Conferences mix the best of education with some of your best friends. Whether it’s Entertainment Night, a barbeque, Lowcountry boil or a luau, you’ll want to tell your friends about your great experience.
- Have questions? Get answers. SCACPA Connect is your private online community of peers and experts. Post questions, leave comments and find new connections with SCACPA Connect.
- Our ongoing relationships with the SCBOA, DEW and SCDOR help us remove roadblocks for the profession and professionals. Have questions, comments, or concerns? Let SCACPA be your voice with regulators.
- October is CPA Month of Service. SCACPA Chapter leaders plan events to show the impact CPAs make in their local communities. SCACPA runs statewide campaigns to support South Carolina citizens.
SCACPA is the only organization looking out for the CPA profession in South Carolina. Who better than your association to protect and promote the CPA Profession? This year we’ve expanded our advocacy efforts.
- Along with federal tax conformity, we are actively monitoring state tax reform, sales tax on tax preparation services, occupational licensing reform, two separate audit rotation bills, and new financial literacy programs.
- With the help of our Chapters we’ve created more personal interaction with legislators via legislative social events, and we’ve also enhanced our relationship tracking with updated software.
- When hot button issues arise, or you need information quickly, you can be assured that SCACPA has you covered. Our new crisis communications plan was tested this year with Hurricane Florence and proved to be a true member benefit.
- New for 2019, SCACPA started a #WhyCPA campaign to promote the value of CPAs to local business owners and individuals. So far, we’ve delivered over 20,000 impressions and have plans to continue the campaign throughout the year.
SCACPA’s support of the future of the profession is unwavering. We are committed to capturing the best and brightest professionals to ensure CPA remains the gold standard among financial professionals.
- It’s a win-win when professionals and students get together. This year at Fall Fest, a select group of attendees had the opportunity to eat lunch and directly access future professionals.
- Member support for the Educational Fund fuels SCACPA’s Scholarship Program. Last year, we awarded more than $43,000 and we are on track to increase that number again this year.
- We’re proud of our local firms and work hard to promote them. The CPA Firm Guide gives students insights into the opportunities available here in South Carolina.
- Our student Interview Guide was added this year to help student members be successful in advancing their careers.
In an era of information overload, SCACPA works diligently to bring you relevant content that meets your specific needs as a South Carolina CPA. We sort through the noise to get you the information you need.
- Your social media stream is customized to your busy lifestyle. Integrate the best professional news for South Carolina CPAs into your social media streams by following SCACPA. We’re available on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
- SCACPA Happenings is a weekly blog post that gives you a behind the scenes peak at how the SCACPA staff is serving the Association.
- A weekly overview of what’s happening in the profession and within the Association, Current Assets is our premier e-mail communication.
- Our quarterly magazine, South Carolina CPA Report, offers you in-depth insights into topics impacting the CPA profession.
- New in 2019, SCACPA is offering weekly podcasts on technology topics, A&A and federal tax.
It’s not about compliance, it’s about competency. SCACPA CPE is different.
- The SCACPA CPE Bank gives you access to 40 hours of live, livestreaming, or on-demand content. It’s CPE your way.
- SCACPA CPE is designed by and for South Carolina CPAs. We provide statewide coverage by offering 40 hours of live CPE in every Chapter area.
- Can’t get out of the office? SCACPA has you covered. Our livestreams have been completely redesigned to offer ease of use and convenience.
- CPE as a benefit allows us partnership rather than competition, strengthening CPE programs offered in South Carolina.
None of this is possible without you. Our 4,300 members empower the Association to move forward and build a strong future for the CPA profession in South Carolina. Your membership, your voice and your support are critical to our success. Thank you!