Skip to content
Week of August 19-23
- September’s CPE Postcard is being sent to the printer. Watch your mailbox for info on great sessions heading to your community, as well as introductory information on October’s Month of Service (the new logo is ready, so you know events will be happening soon!)
- SCACPA is excited to present our Student Interview Guide! While still full of tips and tricks on acing an interview, we wanted to hear from our firms exactly what they are looking for in candidates. Gain a competitive edge and use the Student Interview Guide to help propel you forward in your career.
- 82% of existing members have renewed their commitment to SCACPA. We’re thrilled to continue to serve you under the All-Inclusive Membership model in the coming year. See what all you helped us accomplish last year in our year in review.
- IMPORTANT DUES REMINDER: SCACPA members paid a dues renewal rate of $700 in 2018 because every local Chapter contributed a $99 discount as a one-time only introductory rate for the All-Inclusive Membership package. Having heard the feedback of members like you, the All-Inclusive dues have given our members more options, better options and better content. We look forward to giving you this level of service and more moving forward at the $799 annual membership price.
- SCACPA staff will be calling members who haven’t renewed just yet and you can avoid the $25 late fee by paying when we call. You cannot bypass the late fee when paying online. Chat with you soon!
- Check out the 2Q edition of the 2019 CPA Report here!
- October Month of Service will be here before you know it, and we’re gearing up to make sure we make an impact all across the state! Chapters brainstormed community service projects at the recent Chapter Retreat and are excited to share their plans and ideas. Let us know what you’d like to see SCACPA or your Chapter do for Month of Service by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SCACPA is the only organization in the state the protects and promotes the CPA profession. Now that tax season has officially begun, we’re going to be promoting our #WhyCPA campaign to spread awareness about the differences between an accountant and a CPA, and why choosing a CPA is a smart long-term financial decision. We know choosing a CPA is the right decision, don’t you?
- Thank you to everyone who submitted an application for SCACPA Scholarships! Thanks to our wonderful Ed Fund donors, we were able to award $44,500 to 31 deserving students attending 10 colleges across the state. Check out all the winners here.
- SAVE THE DATE: Scholarship winners are invited to attend the Scholarship Recognition luncheon at our annual fall conference, Fall Fest! The luncheon will be on Friday, November 15, at the Columbia Metro Convention Center. Email email@example.com and let us know you’re coming (and who’s coming with you!).
- Don’t forget to follow us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram) for quick, real-time updates! We share the latest breaking news on social media first, so go ahead and give us a Like and Follow!
- SCACPA Connect is our professional networking platform where members can engage and interact with each other. Your SCACPA Connect login credentials are the same as your scacpa.org login information. You can use SCACPA Connect to ask questions where other members and experts can give answers or advice. With the complexity of the new tax law, we know it is important to create a space where our CPAs can get answers fast – SCACPA Connect allows you to do just that. We answer your questions about Connect here.
- Registration (and session selection!) is already open for our annual fall conference, Fall Fest! With recording breaking attendance at Fall Fest in 2018, we are hopeful to set another record this year – and we hope you’re part of it. We hope to see you November 14 and 15 at the Columbia Metro Convention Center.
- The Silent Auction is a seasoned veteran event at Fall Fest, and we need items for bidding! In 2018, participants bid on anything from wine packages to vacations, and everything in between. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on donating items to the Silent Auction.
- SCACPA is excited to continue the partnership with Melisa Galasso, CPA, of Galasso Learning Solutions. With over 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, Melisa closely monitors regulatory bodies for changes in auditing and accounting guidance and serves as a subject matter expert in implementing the updated guidance. Find Melisa’s first SCACPA blog post here. You can also find all of her video blogs on our YouTube channel.
- SCACPA CEO Chris Jenkins is the host of #TechTuesday, a weekly technology update posted to our YouTube channel. Check out our content here and remember to subscribe!