In this informative seminar, you will learn about financial statement analysis and preparation, internal controls and prime cost calculations for restaurants. The discussion will also include key performance metrics, gift card reporting, promotions and loyalty programs.Find out more
In this session, you will learn about current tax issues impacting the restaurant and hospitality sector such as the pass-through entity deduction, Sec 179 expensing and bonus depreciation, tax credits available to restaurant owners and the latest updates on tax reform topics of interest to the industry.Find out more
Discussion Leader Adam Drewes, CPAFind out more
In this practical and much-needed course, SCACPA CEO Chris Jenkins walks you through pointers about Outlook Set Up to make your email inbox more efficient to navigate. Find out how to glance easier at your calendar and tasks lists alongside your inbox, and learn a valuable trick to avoid phishing requests.
In this course, SCACPA CEO Chris Jenkins will teach you how to create PowerPoint that will wow your audience. Get ready as Chris guides you through creating and opening PowerPoint presentations; inserting, reorganizing, and deleting slides; applying a design theme and switching between different PowerPoint views. Learn:
- how to insert various types of content on slides, such as bulleted lists, tables, charts, shapes, pictures, SmartArt graphics and sound clips;
- how to run a slide show and how to preview and print audience handouts;
- how to add animation and transition effects to slides;
- how to create a custom design theme and a custom template, which you use to create a new presentation;
- how to integrate Excel workbook data and charts in a presentation using copy and paste;
- how to add footer text, a date and slide numbers to slides;
- how to run a full-screen slide show using slide show controls;
- and how to run a slide show in Presenter view.
Are you a tax practitioner who wants to update your knowledge of individual income taxation? Then this course is for you. Here you will get a comprehensive review of Form 1040 complexities. We'll also cover any changes in tax legislation passed and any important new topics that impact your clients.Find out more
This course is essential for the tax practitioner who wants to update their knowledge of business income taxation. This course will provide a comprehensive review of business income tax complexities. Updates for tax legislation will be incorporated into the course, and many important topics that impact clients in these difficult times will be discussed during the lecture.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Recognize both an update and instructions so that the participants will have the necessary knowledge to complete IRS Form 1040 (business issues) and various business income tax returns for the 2017 tax season.
• Review of essential IRC Sections
• Review of new legislation
• Schedule C and Schedule F issues
• Schedule E Issues
• Partnership issues
• Corporation issues
• LLC issues
• The effect of extender legislation
• Qualified retirement plan issues
• Business Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”) issues
J. William Strickland, CPA and tax attorney, and a representative from the South Carolina Department of Revenue Policy Division, will answer your tax update questions in this informative session:
What has the legislature done? What happened with sales tax on e-tailers? What are the current Department of Revenue initiatives? How can CPAs and The Department of Revenue collaborate to serve the taxpayers of South Carolina?
Answers will be provided from legislation, regulations, rulings, cases, Department of Revenue Policy and the presenter’s personal experience.
It’s a tight fit, but the Tax Team members say they can do it. All the most important federal tax developments of the year in one 8-hour program. New Code sections, new Treasury Regulations, Revenue Rulings, Notices, Revenue Procedures--all of these and their effects on your tax clients explained. This is a CPE program designed for the experienced tax practitioner.
Add cases and rulings, selected by senior members of the Tax Team for their relevance and usefulness to experienced practitioners, and you have an outstanding opportunity to invest 8 hours of your CPE bank for maximum benefit.
This course will look at the recent activities of FASB as well as the Auditing Standards Board and Accounting and Review Services Committee of the AICPA. We’ll look at the impact of the new standards and how you can prepare to implement them in a practical way. We’ll discuss the Audit Quality Initiative of the AICPA and take a look at some common audit issues.
Key focus areas include:
- Recent accounting standard updates (ASUs)
- Revenue recognition
- Financial instruments
- SAS 133
- SSARS 24
- AICPA Auditor’s Report
- Enhancing audit quality initiative