Here’s an important way to say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day: by taking time with your significant other to gauge your checks and balances when it comes to your checkbooks.
These are some questions you and that special someone might consider when it comes to credit, cash and communication:
- Are your credit scores in the same ballpark?
- Which one of you is a spender and which one is a saver?
- Are you talking about your financial goals such as budgeting and retirement?
- Do you both know how to calm things down if your financial debates become too heated?
- Are you OK with celebrating Valentine’s Day on Feb. 15 because it’s cheaper? (39% of people do, according to a Finder.com survey)
And if you’ve waited until the last minute, here are Valentine’s Day gifts under $50.