SCACPA Happenings: Week of Oct. 26-Oct. 30
- It’s the final week of October Month of Service. Thank you to all our members who are making a difference by supporting local families in need. Just from the initial pledges and contributions of our eight Chapters, more than $7,200 is going to support local food banks. If you are your firm are supporting the effort, let us know at email@example.com so we can promote it on social media and www.scacpa.org/service. Extraordinary times call for an exceptional response.
- Looking for a just-in-time way to contribute your time and expertise for October Month of Service? Small businesses and nonprofits have a window until Nov. 1 to apply for SC CARES Pandemic Relief Grant Programs. Awards can be up to $25,000, but time is short for these organizations to apply. If you are willing to provide limited pro bono services, consider getting in touch with the SC Small Business Development Centers (SC SBDC) to ensure organizations are correctly applying for these grants as they compile documentation and complete their applications.
- As October Month of Service wraps up, let us know if you or someone you nominate should receive our third-annual Community Connected Engagement Award.
- Chapter social networking events are back! … Virtually, of course. Central Chapter members will enjoy a join us for “Virtual Bingo” on Tuesday from 5:30-7 p.m., where you can win cool gift card prizes — and the grand prize is a Series 6 Apple Watch!
- We are delivering two days of Tax and A&A tracks via our revamped SCACPA Classroom for Virtual Fall Fest 2020. Go to our Virtual Fall Fest landing page to see all our courses and options on Nov. 12-13. This will be SCACPA’s biggest networking event of the year, so enroll today!
- We’ve also got you covered all October for additional Fall Fest learning tracks of Business and Industry, Government, Nonprofit and Variety. Check them out and register now! SCACPA is committed to keeping you informed and up-to-date on your learning even in the midst of work-from-a-distance measures. We are recording our speakers in advance as they deliver the content of all these sessions, and those courses will be offered online with the speaker monitoring discussion on the topic in a timely manner.
- Act before Oct. 31! The future of online security and trust for the profession is arriving with the rollout of the domain of .cpa for CPA firm websites. It will be a mark of distinction when you can brand firm your website and email addresses with “.cpa.” Registration for .cpa addresses is underway, claim your address right from the start!
- SCACPA is preparing again for another round of the RAP Index Survey, which is an important tool that helps us grow our advocacy programs and advance our positions on the issues that impact South Carolina CPAs. Your voice is influential in your community as an employee, voter and volunteer, and you can let us know about the issues important to you. You will also help us identify the stakeholders within your network and the level of advocacy you are willing to undertake.
- As we ride out South Carolina’s hurricane season, the South Carolina Department of Revenue is offering “Tax Tips for Emergency Preparedness: Securing Your Tax Records.” In addition, SCACPA is helping you be prepared with our Disaster Readiness page to bring you updates when necessary.
- The SC Board of Accountancy sent an email on Sept.11 regarding COVID-related modifications to CPE in 2020. SCACPA applauds the Board of Accountancy in understanding the specific needs of South Carolina CPAs. The BOA’s announcement includes a reminder and link regarding new Board of Accountancy regulations that became effective June 26. Learn more via SCACPA’s bulletin on the announcement.
- SCACPA is proud to promote the “Accountable” podcast for CFOs, from David Peters, CPA, MST, who is the Association’s advisor and speaker on B&I topics. You can now download it as an audio podcast or watch the interview on YouTube.
- Before you register for Virtual Fall Fest 2020, meet the event’s Most Wanted Speakers .
- SCACPA has partnered with the Greater Washington (DC) Society of CPAs to bring you livestream CPE. Register now for the Nonprofit Symposium (LIAA40) from Dec. 14-16 (24 credit hours).
- The SCACPA CPE Team is excited to announce that the Association has obtained approval from the CFP (Certified Financial Planner) Board to offer CFP credit for five of our courses in November and December. SCACPA wants to make sure you get the most value out of your 40-hour CPE Bank member benefit by making it possible to fulfill additional license requirements.
- Stay tuned to SCACPA social media, our blog and scacpa.org/events as we deliver “just-in-time” learning on breaking news topics. Our CPE planning committee continues to evaluate possibilities while COVID-19 places significant restrictions on live CPE programming.
- The Committee of 16 is committed to bringing you the highest quality offerings in the most convenient, effective, and safe manner possible. If you have an idea about how we can make your membership more valuable, please let us know with this form.
- SCACPA is an IRS-approved provider for our tax CPE classes. With your 40-hour CPE Bank for 2020-21, it’s easy to take advantage of learning and knowledge opportunities.
- The Federal Tax Update with Lynn Nichols video blog is the best way to catch up every week with SCACPA’s advisor and speaker on federal tax topics.
- Did you know that with SCACPA Connect you can review and respond to items in a daily digest email? Pick the time of day you would like to receive a notification that summarizes posts that occurred in the community. You can modify your notification settings to immediate, daily, weekly. However, we ask that you allow the “daily digest” emails at first to familiarize yourself, as well as facilitate and generate some timely discussion.
- Want to get involved with SCACPA’s online discussion portal? It’s easy to get started when you visit our new platform page for SCACPA Connect. It tells you how to follow the steps to start growing your professional network today.
- The South Carolina Association of CPAs Educational Fund Trustees awarded $64,500 to 43 exceptional students who plan to pursue careers in accounting. The scholarship recipients represent 16 South Carolina colleges and universities. Best of luck to all our hard-working SCACPA Student Members, you are the future of the profession!
- SCACPA has introduced many new benefits including group health insurance, auto and home insurance, long-term care and pet health insurance. Visit www.scacpa.org/insurance for more details.
- Maximize your office with SCACPA! With SCACPA’s Office Depot/OfficeMax member benefit, you can now text and receive your In-Store Purchasing Card directly to your phone so you can take your savings with you. Text SCACPASAVES to 555-888 now to download your free mobile In-Store Purchasing Card! Your SCACPA member discounts saves you up to 75% off on our Best Value List of preferred products. Visit officediscounts.org/scacpa for details and start saving today!
- Have you checked out the COVID-19 tools provided by SCACPA partner Paychex? Stay informed via the Paychex Twitter feed.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!