SCACPA Happenings: Week of Nov. 9-Nov. 13
- VIRTUAL FALL FEST 2020 is finally here this THURSDAY and FRIDAY! And what better way to welcome you to our two days of Tax and A&A tracks than by unveiling our “Welcome to Fall Fest” landing page. The handy URL address of https://www.scacpa.org/welcome-to-fall-fest contains links that will take you directly to the right online classroom for your session.
- IMPORTANT ONLINE CLASSROOM REMINDER: Although each Tax and A&A track will include five session per day, we are staggering the start times of each track to reduce the amount of simultaneous logon traffic. Take a look at the start times for your sessions on the Welcome to Fall Fest page, especially if you are switching between Tax and A&A track sessions.
- Want to hear some good news? To celebrate Virtual Fall Fest, our incredible sponsor, CPA Charge, is offering a chance for you to win a pair of Apple AirPods Pro, just complete this form!
- Virtual Fall Fest has exciting news for Tax Attorneys: They can earn CLE credit by attending SCACPA’s Tax Track. The Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization has approved that each day can count for 6.6 hours of CLE credit if those who register take all five sessions of that day. Check out the lineup of all 10 sessions at www.scacpa.org/fall-fest to register, and then on Thursday and Friday find your online classroom via www.scacpa.org/welcome-to-fall-fest.
- We are delivering two days of Tax and A&A tracks via our revamped SCACPA Classroom. Go to our Virtual Fall Fest landing page to see all our courses and options. There’s still time to register for SCACPA’s biggest networking event of the year, so enroll today!
- As you select your sessions for Virtual Fall Fest 2020, meet the event’s Most Wanted Speakers. We are recording our Virtual Fall Fest speakers in advance as they deliver the content of all these sessions, and those courses will be offered online with the speaker monitoring discussion on the topic in a timely manner.
- Will Virtual Fall Fest be your first time using the SCACPA Online Classroom? Do yourself a huge favor and check out our Online Classroom Tutorial. It’s less than 2 and a half minutes long, and will save you a lot of grief and time on the phone trying to solve something that might be addressed here!
- As we ride out South Carolina’s hurricane season (remember, it lasts until the end of November!), the South Carolina Department of Revenue is offering “Tax Tips for Emergency Preparedness: Securing Your Tax Records.” In addition, SCACPA is helping you be prepared with our Disaster Readiness page to bring you updates when necessary.
- SCACPA is preparing again for another round of the RAP Index Survey, which is an important tool that helps us grow our advocacy programs and advance our positions on the issues that impact South Carolina CPAs. Your voice is influential in your community as an employee, voter and volunteer, and you can let us know about the issues important to you. You will also help us identify the stakeholders within your network and the level of advocacy you are willing to undertake.
- The SCACPA CPE Team is excited to announce that the Association has obtained approval from the CFP (Certified Financial Planner) Board to offer CFP credit for five of our courses in December. SCACPA wants to make sure you get the most value out of your 40-hour CPE Bank member benefit by making it possible to fulfill additional license requirements.
- The Piedmont Chapter is sponsoring two noontime Livestream Lunch & Learn opportunities in December. Registration is open for all interested members, no matter which Chapter area you’re logging in from. Sign up today!
- SCACPA has partnered with the Greater Washington (DC) Society of CPAs to bring you livestream CPE. Register now for the Nonprofit Symposium (LIAA40) from Dec. 14-16 (24 credit hours).
- Stay tuned to SCACPA social media, our blog and scacpa.org/events as we deliver “just-in-time” learning on breaking news topics. Our CPE planning committee continues to evaluate possibilities while COVID-19 places significant restrictions on live CPE programming.
- The Committee of 16 is committed to bringing you the highest quality offerings in the most convenient, effective, and safe manner possible. If you have an idea about how we can make your membership more valuable, please let us know with this form.
- SCACPA is an IRS-approved provider for our tax CPE classes. With your 40-hour CPE Bank for 2020-21, it’s easy to take advantage of learning and knowledge opportunities.
- SPRING SPLASH SAVE THE DATE: May 14-15 in Greenville. The CPE Committee of 16 is finalizing the sessions schedule and registration will open soon. When we say we hope to see you there, we mean it!
- Thank you to all our members who are making a difference by supporting local families in need during October Month of Service. Just from the initial pledges and contributions of our eight Chapters, more than $7,200 is went to support local food banks. If you are your firm are supported the effort, let us know at email@example.com so we can promote it on social media and www.scacpa.org/service. Let us know if you or someone you nominate should receive our third-annual Community Connected Engagement Award.
- Nearly 30 Central Chapter members gathered around their computers to enjoy “Virtual Bingo” on the night of Tuesday, Oct. 27, for SCACPA’s first social event in many months. Eight members won a variety of cool gift card prizes for Amazon, iTunes, Lowes and a mix of restaurants. Congratulations to CPA Candidate Lauren Hodge for winning the final card of the evening and the grand prize – a Series 6 Apple Watch!
- Want to get involved with SCACPA’s online discussion portal, SCACPA Connect? It’s easy to get started when you visit our new platform page for SCACPA Connect. It tells you how to follow the steps to start growing your professional network today.
- Did you know that with SCACPA Connect you can review and respond to items in a daily digest email? Pick the time of day you would like to receive a notification that summarizes posts that occurred in the community. You can modify your notification settings to immediate, daily, weekly. However, we ask that you allow the “daily digest” emails at first to familiarize yourself, as well as facilitate and generate some timely discussion.
- Student Members, have you seen our SCACPA Student Interview Guide? Not only is it full of tips and tricks on acing an interview, it contains advice from our member firms on exactly what they look for from the candidates they desire. Gain a competitive edge and use the Student Interview Guide to help propel you forward in your career.
- The South Carolina Association of CPAs Educational Fund Trustees awarded $64,500 to 43 exceptional students who plan to pursue careers in accounting. The scholarship recipients represent 16 South Carolina colleges and universities. Best of luck to all our hard-working SCACPA Student Members, you are the future of the profession!
- Maximize your savings on UPS shipping with SCACPA! Member discounts have increased to 50% on Domestic Next Day/Deferred and 30% on Ground Commercial/Residential. Find out out to open an account here.
- With SCACPA’s Office Depot/OfficeMax member benefit, you can now text and receive your In-Store Purchasing Card directly to your phone so you can take your savings with you. Text SCACPASAVES to 555-888 now to download your free mobile In-Store Purchasing Card! Your SCACPA member discounts saves you up to 75% off on our Best Value List of preferred products. Visit officediscounts.org/scacpa for details and start saving today!
- SCACPA has introduced many new benefits including group health insurance, auto and home insurance, long-term care and pet health insurance. Visit www.scacpa.org/insurance for more details.
- Have you checked out the COVID-19 tools provided by SCACPA partner Paychex? Stay informed via the Paychex Twitter feed.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!