As South Carolina recovers from Hurricane Florence, the South Carolina Association of CPAs wants to remind those who belong to the American Institute of CPAs and are experiencing financial difficulty that they can find assistance through the AICPA Benevolent Fund.
The Fund, established in 1933, assists with meeting daily living expenses as well as medical and prescription expenses that exceed insurance coverage brought about by serious illness, an accident or the death of the primary source of family income.
Eligibility requirements for Benevolent Fund assistance include:
- Current voting AICPA members
- Surviving spouse of a person who was a current voting AICPA member at the time of death
- Dependent children (under age 21) of a person who was a current voting AICPA member at the time of death.
- All the above persons must exhibit a financial need
Types of assistance include:
- Temporary monthly living expenses
- Temporary monthly medical, mental and prescription expense payments that exceed insurance coverage
- Medicare or other health insurance premiums
- Most medically necessary services for dependent children (under age 21)
- One-time Emergency Grants
- Other, as deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees.
Financial assistance grants are provided on a case-by-case basis depending on financial need and circumstances surrounding that need. Grant recipients shall exhaust all sources of income available before receiving aid from the Benevolent Fund and shall first seek all publicly available sources of support.
Applicants can contact the Benevolent Fund directly at 866.527.2228 or email Benevolent_Fund@aicpa.org.
To start, download the application and instructions or fill out the application online (if completing the application online, supporting documentation must be submitted separately via mail)
Completed applications can be submitted online or scanned and emailed to Benevolent_Fund@aicpa.org or mailed to:
AICPA Benevolent Fund, Inc.
Attn: Fund Administrator
220 Leigh Farm Rd.
Durham, NC 27707
Applications without supporting documentation will not be reviewed and are ineligible for assistance. The Fund Administrator presents submissions to the Board of Trustees for review.
Assistance granted through the AICPA Benevolent Fund is reviewed every six months.
Download the Benevolent Fund Application
Instructions for the Benevolent Fund Application
Contribute to the Benevolent Fund
For more updates on South Carolina’s recover from Hurricane Florence, check SCACPA’s Disaster Readiness webpage at www.scacpa.org/disaster-readiness.