Established in 1991, Bauknight Pietras & Stormer, P.A. (BPS) is among the Southeast’s premier accounting, tax and consulting firms and is one of the largest locally owned public accounting firms in South Carolina. We have consistently been named among the “Best Places to Work”. BPS serves as a strategic partner to its clients, providing tax, accounting and assurance, and consulting services as well as trust and estate planning. We serve a diverse international client base in the insurance, construction, real estate, hospitality, manufacturing, distribution, professional services, telecommunications, and technology industries. BPS is a member of PrimeGlobal, one of the five largest associations of independent accounting firms in the world.
We are currently seeking tax seniors/supervisors in our Columbia, SC office.
- Accept all responsibility for routine engagements, including delegation of work to lower level staff, supervision of staff, and any other decisions related to the work performed
- Maintain good communication with staff to make sure that all work is being performed in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain communication with supervisors, managers and partners to ensure that the work process is continuing in an organized, efficient and professional manner
- Begin developing relationships with clients and handling routine responsibilities and engagements while targeting subjects that should be discussed with team members
- Supervising staff on engagements (may include delegating duties)
- Participating in several engagements simultaneously
- Preparing budgets for all engagements and forwarding those budgets to staff members involved
- Handling written correspondence with minimal supervision
- 4+ years of recent public accounting experience
- CPA certification or have passed all portions of the CPA exam
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience supervising staff and effectively delegating work
BPS offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. If interested, or if you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 803-771-8943.