Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC is seeking a Senior Associate for their Tax Practice. We are a Top 100 CPA Firm and have been one continuous entity since 1918.
- Candidate must be competent in the preparation of complex individual and business tax returns. Knowledge of estate and fiduciary taxation principles is desirable.
- Responding to tax notices
- Good communication skills with clients
- Participates in practice/location activities to help grow M&J (e.g. recruiting, Firm training sessions, etc.)
- Conducts self-review to ensure work is complete and no open issues exist
- Recognizes industry trends and the potential opportunities for savings and risk reduction applicable to the client’s business and tax burden
- Drafts research memos and formulate preliminary conclusions to share with client team and colleagues
- Identifies and develops alternatives for issues and consults with the engagement team
- Develops Interns and Staff by delegating and training them to be successful in their careers
- Provides constructive formal and informal feedback in a timely manner to all levels
- Proactively communicates work/project status with the engagement team and client in a direct and respectful manner
- Demonstrates an understanding of and applies tax planning concepts
- Masters tax software tools for preparation, review, and research
- Solid understanding of tax codes, regulations, rulings and case law
- Additional duties as assigned
- Has a positive attitude that is reflected in work and evident to others; motivates others
- Professionalism is required while in the office and at a client site
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience
- Hold an Active CPA License
- Public accounting experience or equivalent
- Prefer knowledge of CCH Axcess: Tax, Engagement, Fixed Asset
- Location: Columbia, SC
How you’ll grow:
In addition to on-the-job training, all new staff attends a week-long training course detailing audit procedures and tax policies. For the next four years, staff attend week-long staff level training courses. The classes include audit, tax, supervisory skills, general business, and management topics. Depending on work assignments, you will also attend industry-specific training. We also provide many hours of cutting edge technology training each year.
At M&J, we don’t ask you to give up your personal life for your career; we encourage a healthy work/life balance by providing you with the tools, compensation, and benefits to achieve a high quality of life. Learn more about what working at M&J can mean for you.
Mauldin and Jenkins Culture:
Your goals and ideas matter at Mauldin & Jenkins – you are an integral part of our team, working with other like-minded professionals in a technologically advanced, dynamic and friendly environment. Our dynamic environment is where employees are eager to succeed. Your voice matters at M&J and we continually listen better the company and its employees.
Apply Here: Senior Tax Associate-Columbia