Position: Budget Officer
Annual Salary: $79,622 – 115,232 Per Year / DOQ
Position Type: Full-Time
Close Date: Until Filled
The purpose of this class within the organization is to supervise and direct the functions and projects of the Budget and Procurement division, ensuring division compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and standards. This class works under administrative supervision, developing and implementing programs within organizational policies and reports major activities to executive level administrators through conferences and reports.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, management or related field. Master’s Degree in Public Administration preferred. Requires six years in division management and in supporting City Management and Council or closely related experience. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant (preferred)
- Certified Government Financial Officer (preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License (required)
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of public finance and economics.
- Knowledge of the principles of budget development and administration, as well as financial management, planning and analysis.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and technology; skill in the use of computers for word and data processing especially Microsoft excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prepare and give public presentations with confidence and professionalism.
- Ability to take the initiative to complete the duties of the position without the need of direct supervision.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize daily assignments and work activities.
- Ability to assemble and analyze information and make written reports and records in a concise, clear and effective manner.
- Ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress when confronted with emergency situations or tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally *demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Work is performed onsite. The incumbent must be present at work to perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises the development of a 2-year balanced budget for multiple divisions on the line-item detail level for Council consideration, this includes department coordination, data gathering/input, forecasting year end-expenses and revenues, coordinating department meetings and preparing workshop presentations for Council.
- Creates exhaustive annual budget documents to standards set by the National Government Finance Officers Association, including drafting letters, compiling financials, personnel data, performance measurements, capital improvement plan and debt obligations.
- Oversees the procurement process and monitors compliance with the internal procurement policy as well as any other state/federal policies.
- Works with the CFO and Controller to compile and summarize the results of the City’s finances for the previous year and prepare an audited Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.
- Reviews financial policies and operating procedures in all departments to ensure the City is carrying out its legal responsibilities and is compliant with rating agency expectations.
- Forecasts 10-year revenues and expenses for all utility capital projects requiring regular coordination with utility directors to update the utility capital plan and determine rate changes necessary to fund capital improvements.
- Works closely with the Department Director to get proper records, data and needs for City Management and Council requests.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Please submit an online application on our website at: www.cityofrockhill.com/jobs