It’s an exciting time at SCACPA headquarters and in the life of our Association: it’s time to renew your SCACPA membership!
If you haven’t already, you will soon receive a renewal packet in the mail.
This year, as you take time to review your packet, here are some reminders of some exciting benefits in store for you:
- SCACPA Advocates for you—and we have some exciting new legislative advocacy efforts on the horizon. Along with federal tax conformity, SCACPA is actively monitoring state tax reform, sales tax on tax preparation services, occupational licensing reform, two separate audit rotation bills and new financial literacy programs. Plus, our recently launched #WhyCPA social media campaign touts the importance of the CPA credential to the general public throughout the year.
- SCACPA plans Education with your interests in mind. As a CPA, you have the choice to get your CPE from a myriad of sources. Why would you choose SCACPA? Because SCACPA’s CPE is CPE created specifically for South Carolina CPAs by South Carolina CPAs. Our CPE catalog is available and showcases the more than 600 courses we have already set for the year. However, keep in mind that this catalog is built on an 80/20 platform with 20 percent of our courses being set throughout the year as new hot topic issues arise. This allows SCACPA to adjust and offer you, the members, what is most relevant to you.
- SCACPA seeks to grow the profession—and, therefore, the strength of the Association. This year, a new benefit SCACPA is offering renewing and first-time members: Our new Refer-a-Friend program. For a limited time, if a new member joins SCACPA and lists you in the referral field, you will receive a $50 check and the new member will receive $50 off the price of membership. It’s a win-win-win—for you, the new member and SCACPA. Because together, we are stronger.
- SCACPA works to help you Connect—with your peers and your community. Through multiple chapter social and volunteer events, Association-wide events and SCACPA Connect—SCACPA’s online community created just for you—SCACPA chapter leaders and staff work to make sure you are connected to colleagues around the state, as well as to your community right where you live and work.
- SCACPA Communicates to you in ways that matter. In an era of news overload, SCACPA’s Communications staff sorts through the clutter to deliver the information you can use through our award-winning CPA Report magazine, weekly Current Assets e-newsletter, SCACPA Happenings blog, relevant podcasts and more.
Now is the time to renew your commitment to the only organization in South Carolina that exists to Advocate, Educate, Grow, Connect and Communicate with South Carolina CPAs. We can’t wait to see what the year has in store and we know it will be better with you!
* Please note: The 2019-2020 All-Inclusive $799 membership rate is NOT an increase over last year’s rate. Last year, SCACPA chapters offset the cost of memberships by $99 each for the first year of the new membership model. The $799 rate was set for the 2018-2019 membership year and is not expected to increase.