The Best Individual Income Tax Update Course by Surgent (BITU) (SSTX20/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $320
This highly informative course comprehensively covers all the latest tax law developments with a full update on tax reform. The focus is on individual taxation and discussion of the planning opportunities practitioners need to understand to help clients respond effectively. You will come away from the course with the up-to-date knowledge to educate your individual tax clients and implement tax-saving ideas that will serve their ever-evolving needs — especially in a year of significant tax law change.
Important Note: Surgent does not recommend taking both this course and our Best Federal Tax Update (BFTU) course due to overlapping content.
All tax practitioners, both those working in public accounting as well as those in private industry, who need the latest information on tax changes affecting their individual clients
- Understand strategies and tactics to use in light of tax reform
- Understand the most current guidance on retirement planning
- Understand how to nail down valuable deductions and other reductions to the tax base
- New loss limitation rules applicable to NOLs and the ability to offset income
- Reformed child tax credit
- Revised home mortgage interest deduction
- Treatment of state and local taxes
- Repeal of itemized deductions previously subject to 2% AGI floor
- Survival of individual AMT with increased exemptions
- Reduction to 7.5% floor for medical itemized deductions in 2017 and 2018 only
- IRA recharacterization limits
- Monumental changes to the treatment of alimony for both payor and payee
- New rules on entertainment expenses, including meals
- Doubling of estate and gift tax exemption to $22.36M for a married couple
- Comprehensive coverage of the emerging flagship item of tax reform, section 199A and its alteration of pass-through taxation and planning
- Relevant state domicile issues which are quickly becoming a new source of practitioner profit
- Review of pertinent cases and rulings affecting taxpayers
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year — inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- The latest issues related to any other late-breaking tax law changes
Experience in individual tax planning
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.