Surgent’Surgent’s Microsoft® Excel® 365/Excel® 2019: Creating and Formatting Charts (CAFE) (SSTE165/21)
“Excel provides a variety of tools you can use to create, format, and enhance charts — contextual Ribbon tab buttons, menus and galleries, shortcut menus, keyboard shortcuts, task panes, and more. Microsoft® Excel® 365/Excel® 2019: Creating and Formatting Charts is a three-lesson intermediate level course that allows you to explore using these tools to create and format common chart types.
Lesson 1 introduces charting basics using step-by-step, hands-on activities; Lessons 2 and 3 build on these basics by exploring additional charting tools, creating different chart types, and reinforcing previous learnings.
Experienced Excel users switching from earlier versions of Excel can benefit from this course’s review of commonly used charts plus useful features, such as the format task panes, Recommended Charts button, Quick Analysis feature, revised Chart Tools contextual Ribbon tabs, and the Chart Elements, Chart Styles, and Chart Filters buttons for quick chart formatting.
Note that this course emphasizes using the traditional keyboard and mouse actions to perform tasks in Excel.”
Experienced Excel 2016 users or experienced Excel users switching from earlier versions.
- Create, preview, and print commonly used charts
- Format charts using the Chart Elements and Chart Styles buttons
- Apply chart quick layouts and quick styles
- Modify a chart’s underlying data using multiple methods
- Reposition and resize an embedded chart
- Move an embedded chart to its own chart sheet
- Select and format individual chart elements
- Chart elements
- Selecting an embedded Pie chart using Recommended Charts and selecting formatting options for the chart
- Selecting a Clustered Column chart using the Quick Analysis feature and selecting formatting options for the chart
- Recognizing how to preview and print charts
- Methods to change the chart type and subtype
- Applying a predefined chart layout and chart style
- Adding, selecting, and formatting individual chart elements
- Methods to add and remove data and change data orientation
- Selecting Line with Markers, Stacked Area, Exploded 3-D Pie, Pie of Pie, and Clustered Column-Line on Secondary Axis, Map,Treemap, Sunburst, and Waterfall charts and identifying ways to format the charts
- Recognizing a Sparklines chart and identifying formatting options for the chart
- Identifying ways to insert and format a picture and draw and format a shape on a chart
The Napier & Rivers course Microsoft® Excel® 365/Excel® 2019: Getting Started with Excel or equivalent experience working with Excel in the Windows operating system environment is a prerequisite for this course.