Surgent’s Understanding Traditional IRAs (UNRI) (SSTX116/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $80
This two-hour course covers the basic tax rules of individual retirement accounts and examines the creation of, contributions to, and distributions from the IRA that is not a Roth IRA.
CPAs who want to learn about this key area of practice and all of the planning options available
- Describe the various types of IRAs, the qualification requirements for IRAs, and the reporting and disclosure requirements of IRA owners
- Discuss the general rules and limitations regarding contributions
- Explain the federal income-tax rules applicable to IRA distributions and the basis-recovery rules
- Summarize the 10-percent early distribution rules
- Discuss the income-tax-planning opportunities with IRAs
- What structure and operational rules are required to qualify the account?
- What investment restrictions apply to an IRA?
- What transactions involving an IRA are prohibited?
- What amounts may be contributed and deducted?
- How are distributions from an IRA taxed?
- When are distributions premature, and how can the penalty tax be avoided?
- What planning opportunities are available?
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.