Surgent’s Top 50 Mistakes Practitioners Make and How to Fix Them: Individual Tax and Financial Planning (INBB) (SSTX58/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $320
The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray; the same is true for taxpayers and practitioners. Every practitioner has been confronted with a client who had a different twist on a tax idea. This course focuses on the law in order to break down 50 situations in which a taxpayer has attempted to push one of these ideas. The study of the law underlying the tax mistakes made will assist practitioners in satisfying their professional standards of practice and will help you in preparing Form 1040.
CPAs who wish to get a deeper insight into the tax law for some common client transactions that many offices have seen, plus some not-so-common client transactions
- Achieve significant insight into the major mistakes that can be made in individual tax and financial planning
- Develop strategies that will assist in not only avoiding mistakes but also in providing the best advice to your clients
- Individual income tax cases regarding income, adjustments, passive activities, and itemized deductions
- Don’t get caught watching the paint dry, the IRS “Future State” Initiative
- Does aggregating passive activities also aggregate “At-Risk”?
- When “gifts” can be taxable
- How many Schedule A filers after TCJA?
- Why are manhole covers round?
- Chained CPI Index and Social Security – Is the Horse within the Gates?
- Hazy situation, two seemingly similar cases, yet one results in ordinary tax treatment, the other capital treatment (Heads they win, tails we lose)
- When a “rollover” is not a rollover, the Claim of Right Doctrine
- What are the risks with non-traditional IRA investments
- I want to protect my identity, but I also need to protect my PTIN
- Failing alimony’s requirements and the last word is not always the best word
- Failing to understand the limits on 401(k) loans
- Passive income and the self-charged rent rules
- Meal allowances for police or fire workers on 24-hour shifts
- Itemized deduction over aggressiveness
- Estimated taxes, the big penalties, and planning
- Financial planning: Ignoring the future of Social Security; miscues in rollovers & retirement plan distributions; the bad, the good, and the ugly of early retirement SEPPs
- Things professionals do not like to hear!
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.