Surgent’s Top 10 Tax Issues in Dealing with LLCs and Partnerships (LP10) (SSTX64/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $320
Partnerships and LLCs involve unique problems that require careful attention. This course covers selected critical tax issues that practitioners need to know when working with partnerships and limited liability companies, with a focus on planning opportunities and pitfalls.
CPAs who wish to gain a more in-depth understanding of LLC and partnership tax law
- Identify and distinguish guaranteed payments, distributive shares, and draws liquidating distributions of cash or property
- Understand the relationship between capital account maintenance and outside basis adjustment
- Define various kinds of partnership liabilities and explain the tax consequences of each
- Be familiar with the results of the case studies that reinforce key learning points
- NEW: Be familiar with the new tax act as such changes affect the LLC
- Self-employment tax issues: what you can and cannot do
- Capital accounts: book vs. tax issues
- Determining basis: key issues and technical analysis in calculating basis
- Dealing with debt: recourse, nonrecourse, and why it matters
- Guaranteed payments, distributive shares, and draws: understanding the difference
- Special allocations: flexibility and complexity
- Distributions: cash and property, built-in gain or loss
- Retirement plan issues: planning options
- Basis step-ups: the basic issues
- Hot assets: beware of this complicated tax issue
- Summary of important provisions of the new tax act
A basic course in partnership theory or experience in tax compliance or planning for partnerships and LLCs
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.