Surgent’s The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: A Guide to the Most Sweeping Tax Reform in Over 30 Years (TREF) (SSTX113/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $160
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, passed in December 2017, brought us the largest overhaul to the tax code since 1986. The widespread changes affect many aspects of individual and business taxes, beginning this year, and your clients will be coming to you with a myriad of concerns and planning questions. Don’t get caught off guard. This 4-hour seminar will get you up-to-speed on all of the critical aspects of this law and prepare you to effectively advise both your individual and business clients.
Tax practitioners seeking to understand the new tax legislation and how it impacts their clients
- Understand and apply the categorical changes in the tax law brought about by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Reduction in individual and corporate tax rates
- Taxation of pass-through entities
- Deduction of home mortgage interest
- State and local tax deductions
- New alimony rules
- Repeal of the Obamacare individual mandate
- Standard deduction and itemized deductions
- Child tax credit
- Use of §529 accounts
- Survival of personal AMT and repeal of corporate AMT
- Estate and gift tax
- New limitations on business losses
- New depreciation rules and §179 expensing
- Business interest
- Modification of NOL rules
- New credit for employer-paid family and medical leave
- Repatriation of foreign funds
Experience with individual and business clients
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.