Surgent’s The Nature of Compilations, Reviews, and Audits (Audit Skills Training: Level 1) (A1M4) (SSAA03/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $120
A CPA may perform attest services under relevant professional standards, including compilations, reviews and audits. Reviews and audits are also considered assurance services, providing either limited or reasonable assurance that financial statements are free of material misstatement. In addition, the CPA may perform non-attest services, such as bookkeeping or preparation of financial statements. CPAs must fully understand the professional responsibilities related to each of these varying levels of services, in order to effectively and efficiently satisfy engagement objectives.
Accountants new to providing attest services, such as compilations, reviews and audits
- Explain the basis and requirements for a compilation contrasted with preparing financial statements
- Discuss special purpose framework and other issues
- Describe the basis and requirements for a review
- Explain the basis and fundamental requirements for an audit
- Compare and contrast the basis and requirements of preparing financial statements, compilation, review and audit
- Critical elements of compilation, review and audit reports
- Impact of special purpose accounting frameworks and other special issues
- Exercise on designing inquiries and analytics in a review
- Describing various common audit procedures
- Case study differentiating the scope of various non-attest and attest services
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.