Surgent’s The Basic Audit Concept (Audit Skills Training: Level 1) (A1M6) (SSAA05/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $120
Financial statement auditors are engaged to provide reasonable assurance that financial statements are not materially misstated, whether due to fraud or error. Professional standards require auditors to obtain sufficient and appropriate evidence to support that opinion. It is critical for effective and efficient auditors to have a clear understanding of all the important elements and concepts related to a financial statement audit.
Professionals new to auditing
- Discuss the basis for an audit
- Explain the auditor’s professional responsibilities
- Describe important audit concepts, such as materiality
- Explain the audit risk formula
- Discuss considerations when Identifying and assessing risk of material misstatement
- The reason that entities engage a financial statement audit
- List the applicable financial reporting frameworks available
- Differentiate the responsibilities of management and auditors
- The various phases of a financial statement audit
- Evaluating and documenting audit risk, both at the overall and relevant assertion level
- Case study differentiating high risk audit engagements and higher risk audit areas
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.