Surgent’s Tax Reform Overview: Post-Tax Season Update (TARU) (SSTX102/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $160
After going through the 2018 Tax Season, which applied to tax rules for 2017, the tax professionals may need to relearn and/or review the many important tax changes that take effect in 2018. This program covers those changes resulting from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 taking effect for 2018 and later.
Tax practitioners who need a refresher on significant tax changes resulting from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 that took effect in 2018
- Understand the new tax rules resulting from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2018
- Undertake a general review of the tax changes taking effect in 2018 that result from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- General review of the Section 199A 20% deduction
- Depreciation changes taking effect in 2018
- Changes relating to the standard deduction, itemized deductions subject to the 2% AGI floor, and credits
- Extender provisions enacted in 2018 and retroactively applying to 2017
- Tax rate changes for C corporations and individuals
- New loss limitation rules applicable to individuals and pass-through entity owners
- Survival of individual AMT, with increased exemptions; corporate AMT repeal
- IRA recharacterization limits
- Monumental changes to the treatment of alimony for both payor and payee
- Section 1031 like-kind exchanges
- 30% business interest limitation
- New rules on business entertainment expenses, including meals
- Doubling of estate and gift tax exemption to $22.36M for a married couple
- Reformed child tax credit
- Revised home mortgage interest deduction
- Treatment of state and local taxes
- New business credit for wages paid due to family and medical leave
- Much more relating to the important 2017 legislation
A basic understanding of the tax rules relating to individual income tax
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.