Surgent’s Tax Forms Boot Camp: LLCs, Partnerships, and S Corporations (TFBC) (SSTX111/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $320
The course provides a comprehensive understanding of the preparation of both S corporation and partnership/LLC tax returns, along with the underlying laws, regulations, etc. The course and instruction delivery is geared toward the basic understanding and progresses to complex issues. The boot camp allows staff to discover the connections and alterations of these widely held entity structures, while also providing a valued reference for the participant’s future use. The course utilizes an identical sample trial balance for form preparation, with filled-in completed Forms 1120S and 1065 provided in the case solutions.
All levels of staff and company controllers responsible for filing these forms
- Learn in detail about the preparation of Form 1120S, Schedules M-1, K, and K-1
- Learn in detail about the preparation of Form 1065, Schedules M-1, K, and K-1
- Identify and handle commonly found S corporation and partnership tax issues
- Compare and contrast the tax consequences, opportunities, and pitfalls of operating a business as a partnership, LLC, or S corporation
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of income tax laws for S corporations from eligibility and election, to tax return preparation, stock basis, and loss limitation issues
- Recognize and properly handle special pass-through items of income and expense
- Accurately prepare S corporation returns and reconcile book income to taxable income
- Accurately prepare partnership returns and reconcile book income to taxable income
- Properly handle the tax treatment of distributions to shareholders, partners, or members
- Understand the special restrictions and sanctions for tax year end selection
- Review the basics of partnership and LLC formation and basis calculation
- Self-employment tax or NOT, for each entity
- Filling in K-1s correctly for S corporations, partnerships, and LLCs
- How the Affordable Care Act affects tax returns
- The most frequently used forms and schedules, including some form “oddities”
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.