Surgent’s Tax Aspects of Home Offices and Vacation Homes (HOVH) (SSTX49/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $80
The purpose of this course is to provide a practical and in-depth analysis of the significant tax planning advantages and strategies related to owning a principal residence for use as a home office and/or vacation home for upper income taxpayers.
CPAs who want to assist clients with the home office deduction and/or vacation home issues
- Distinguish a pure residence from a mixed-use residence and how §280A applies
- Discuss the application of §280A to a vacation home that is also rented out during part of the year
- Identify the issues related to the use of the residence as a home office
- Mixed use of a residence: how deductions are limited in rental situations
- Home office: qualification and calculation
- Strategies and planning for renting your principal residence instead of selling it
- Why buying a vacation home can be a very smart investment
- Should you rent or just use your vacation home? Opportunities and pitfalls
- Rules for using like-kind exchanges on principal residences and vacation homes
- Understanding the tax rules for acquisition indebtedness and home equity indebtedness
- Maximizing your interest expense deduction in light of limitations in the tax code
A basic course in individual income tax and in tax return preparation
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.