Surgent’s Strategies for Maximizing Social Security Benefits (SPMB) (SSTX94/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $80
As the population of the United States ages, tax practitioners will be asked to advise their individual clients with respect to when they should begin to take Social Security benefits. This program will provide you with the background to knowledgeably discuss the benefit options available to Social Security beneficiaries and alternative payment options available to married couples, dependents, a surviving spouse, and a divorced individual.
Tax practitioners who anticipate advising clients with respect to any aspect of the Social Security system, and particularly with respect to the time when a client can/should initiate Social Security benefits distributions
- Determine what options a given client has with respect to initiating Social Security payments
- Advise divorced clients with respect to their ability to receive Social Security benefits from a former spouse
- Advise married clients their options with respect to maximizing Social Security benefits for the couple and for a surviving spouse
- When is a person eligible to take Social Security benefits?
- Selecting the most advantageous option for taking Social Security benefits
- Is there a best age to start taking Social Security benefits?
- How to maximize Social Security benefit payments to surviving spouses
- How can a divorced spouse collect Social Security benefits based on the work record of a former spouse?
- How minor children can collect Social Security benefits based on the work record of an older parent
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.