Surgent’s Selected Issues in Preparation of 1040 Individual Income Tax Returns (SIPI) (SSTX92/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $400
This course provides new staff accountants, data processing employees, para-professionals, and bookkeepers a study into some of the more complicated issues they may face in tax return preparation.
New staff, rusty or those returning to the profession, who desire to prepare individual returns
- Complete a comprehensive problem related to Schedule C of the Form 1040
- Have an overview of passive activity rules
- Complete a comprehensive Form 1040 including Alternative Minimum Tax
- Learn about IRA contributions and self-employed retirement plans
- Complete a comprehensive problem related to computation of an individual’s federal income-tax liability including the Alternative Minimum Tax, with filled-in forms
- Preparation of various Form 1040 individual tax returns and schedules; provided answers include ‘filled-in’ forms
- How the Affordable Care Act affects tax returns
- Self-employed person issues including Schedule C deductions and detailed case
- Depreciation deductions including Section 179, bonus depreciation and MACRS deductions
- Sale of depreciable assets used in a trade or business
- How to handle rental property and how the passive loss rules flow to the tax forms
- IRA contributions and distributions
- Distributions from qualified retirement plans, pensions, and annuities
- Retirement contributions and education credits and deductions
- Tax computations including the Alternative Minimum Tax
- Individual problems illustrating form preparation for various items
- Impact of recent legislation and forms changes on the 1040
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.