Surgent’s Sampling Fundamentals (Audit Skills Training – Level 2) (A2M7) (SSAA14/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $120
Sampling is an important method for determining the extent of testing controls, testing compliance, and tests of substantive details. It allows the audit to apply procedures to less than 100% of the population, yet extend results to project likely conclusions about the entire population. This module will describe the proper process for both attribute testing and variable sampling in financial statement and compliance audits.
Accountants responsible for applying sampling methods on financial statement or compliance audits
- Discuss the SAS requirements related to sampling applications
- Differentiate attribute testing for tests of controls or compliance from variable sampling for substantive assurance
- Explain special considerations related to single audit testing
- Identify common sampling-related audit deficiencies
- Types of sampling and sampling risk
- Attribute testing for tests of controls and compliance
- Variable sampling for substantive assurance
- Differentiating statistical and nonstatistical sampling approaches
- Determining sample sizes in a Single Audit compliance audit
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.