Surgent’s Reducing Your Business Owner Clients’ Exposure to Social Security and Self-Employment Taxes (REXE) (SSTX86/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $80
Many business owner clients wish to minimize their Social Security and self-employment tax liabilities. This course provides tax practitioners with the background to understand what kinds of income constitute self-employment income and earned income and strategies that can be used to reduce their clients’ exposure to the Self-Employment tax.
Tax practitioners who advise clients with regard to their self-employment tax liability
- Identify what kinds of income are and are not subject to Social Security and self-employment tax
- Understand how the self-employment tax applies to general partners, limited partners, and LLC members
- Determine how using a pass-through entity can reduce or eliminate employment tax for the principals and family members
- Understand how the 0.9% tax and the 3.8% tax apply to self-employment income and earned income
- Section 1402(a)(1) exclusions from the definition of self-employment income
- Application of the SE tax to members of limited liability companies
- Taking a self-employed owner’s health insurance deductions taken against self-employment tax
- How using the S corporation and the MMLLC treated as a partnership can help reduce an individual’s exposure to self-employment tax
- How hiring a spouse and/or children helps reduce self-employment tax
- Differentiating between income treated as self-employment income and income that is not self-employment income
Basic knowledge of individual income tax
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.