Surgent’s Navigating Your Client Through the IRS Appeals Process (NAV4) (SSTX68/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $160
Despite the fact that a client’s matter may be taken directly to court, utilizing IRS Appeals usually results in saving your client both time and money. Join us as we discuss the misunderstood process through IRS Appeals.
CPAs who wish to represent clients with a tax matter in disagreement
- Identify strategies in speaking informally with the examiner’s supervisor
- Recognize how to craft the appeal to best effect the desired findings for your client
- Identify strategies regarding in person, correspondence, or phone conferences with IRS Appeals
- Utilize IRS Appeals, the only level of appeal within the IRS, to avoid costly, contentious, and time-consuming court trials
- Requesting a meeting or phone conference with the examiner’s supervisor
- Requesting review of the examiner’s decision by a local appeals office
- Small case requests when tax, penalties, and interest for each period are $25,000 or less
- Writing and filing a Formal Protest, including required information
- Alternative Dispute Resolution options available to clients
- Negotiation and time limitations
Experience in preparing individual and business tax returns
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.