Surgent’s Maximizing Your Social Security Benefits (SSR4) (SSTX95/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $320
The leading edge of the baby boomer generation has already reached retirement age. Financial and tax planners can expect increased demand for strategies that dovetail Social Security with other retirement- and estate-planning objectives. This course provides tax and financial planning professionals with both the background information on the Social Security system and the strategies clients will need in dealing with Social Security, and the myriad of all the other related retirement planning issues.
Practitioners who have baby boomer clients with significant wages or earned income
- Identify who is entitled to retirement benefits and in what amounts
- Summarize the factors one must consider in determining when to take benefits
- Discuss the taxation of Social Security benefits and how this impacts other income tax planning
- Identify and describe the potential effects of retirement and estate planning strategies and tactics that can enhance overall retirement and estate benefits by changing the “who” and “when” of the receipt of Social Security benefit payments
- Retirement benefits: What the amount of benefits is in various circumstances
- Spousal benefits: Should a spouse return to work? What benefits does a spouse have and when and how do they relate to benefits decisions by the client?
- Claiming on Social Security: Advantages and disadvantages at ages 62, 66, and 70
- Planning: What clients approaching retirement age should consider now with respect to benefits for them, their spouses, and their children
- Coordinating benefits: Should you take Social Security first and higher-balance IRA distributions later, or take IRA balances first and enhanced Social Security benefits later?
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.