Surgent’s Mastering the Fundamentals of Estate and Gift Tax Planning (MFEP) (SSTX67/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $400
While the estate and gift tax have been greatly relaxed, many clients will still require estate planning services in the current year. This course examines the fundamentals of estate planning including critical concepts in marital deduction planning, credit shelter trusts, selection and powers of trustees, and titling and funding issues. The comprehensive manual provides an in-depth analysis of will provisions, checklists, flow charts, and real-life examples.
CPAs who advise clients on establishing an estate plan
- Identify what property is included in a decedent’s gross estate
- Understand the use of trusts in an individual’s gross estate
- Calculate gift tax and estate tax liabilities
- Be aware of various tools and techniques of transferring property with the least tax liability
- Complete Code section analysis of the federal estate and gift tax
- Marital deduction planning — Second spouse, QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, power of appointment trusts, and more
- Credit shelter trusts and the applicable credit amount
- Uses and techniques of life insurance
- Tools and techniques in gifting to minors, spouses, and other family members, including uniform transfers (or gifts) to minors’ accounts, education trusts, §§2503(b) and (c) trusts, and more
- Reducing taxes by charitable giving, special credits, and estate freezing techniques
- Use of irrevocable and revocable trusts and other will substitutes
- Impact of increase in applicable exclusion amount
- Use of deceased spouse unused exclusion amount (“DSUEA”)
- Regs. on Estate Basis Reporting
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.