Surgent’s Key Issues that Practitioners Need to Know About Medicare (MEDC) (SSTX65/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $80
When the first cohort of Baby Boomers turned age 65 several years ago, tax advisors began to be bombarded with questions concerning all facets of Medicare. How does Medicare work? How do I apply? How much does it cost? Is Medicare optional or required? This program provides a basic introduction to the Medicare program and covers many of the areas of the Medicare program that clients are most interested in. If you, or some of your clients, have questions relating to Medicare, this program is a must for you.
Tax practitioners who currently advise or who anticipate advising clients with respect to Medicare enrollment and/or Medicare coverage issues
- Understand who is eligible for Medicare
- Determine whether an individual will have to pay a surtax for Medicare Part B and Part D coverage
- Ascertain whether private or spousal insurance options are preferable to Medicare
- Eligibility for Medicare
- How to apply for Medicare
- Introduction to Parts A, B, C, and D of Medicare
- Payments for Parts B and D of Medicare: the higher costs imposed on higher income beneficiaries
- Late enrollment penalties
- Medicare Advantage in lieu of original Medicare
- The Affordable Care Act’s impact on Medicare
- Current and late breaking legislative and regulatory developments
An understanding of the tax rules relating to individual income tax
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.