Surgent’s Key COSO Concepts: Managing Risk to Achieve Your Business Objectives (COS4) (SSAA62/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $160
All successful entities, regardless of nature, size, and complexity, must have a well-designed and effectively operating system of internal controls over reliable financial reporting, in addition to managing other risks. This course will provide practical guidance on exactly what a sound system of internal controls “looks like” and the resulting impact on the reliability of financial statements, particularly for smaller entities. In addition, we will explore COSO’s 2013 Internal Control – Integrated Framework that is used to better manage the unique and challenging risks of today’s entities.
Accountants both in public and private practice responsible for designing, evaluating, and/or monitoring internal controls over financial reporting
- Explain the evolution of internal control concepts, culminating in the 2013 version of COSO’s Internal Control-Integrated Framework
- Describe important internal control concepts related to evaluating the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of internal control over reliable financial reporting
- Be familiar with a more extensive enterprise-wide risk management approach guided by COSO’s Enterprise Risk Management
- Be familiar with practical implementation tips and examples
- Important elements of the 2013 COSO guidance and how they can be applied to manage threats to an entity’s ability to achieve its objectives
- Key components of internal control per the COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework, and the significant role each plays in the design and operating effectiveness of internal control over reliable financial reporting
- Evaluating design and implementation of an entity’s design on internal controls, including impact on risk of material misstatement in financial statements
- Testing controls for operating effectiveness, including determining sufficiency and appropriateness of the nature, timing, and extent of control testing procedures
- Special considerations when using outside service organizations
- Key concepts of the Enterprise Risk Management that expands on internal control, providing a more robust and extensive focus of broader risk management
Experience with designing, evaluating, or monitoring internal controls
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.