Surgent’s IRS Tax Examinations and Hot Issues (EXI4) (SSTX39/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $160
Due to IRS issue focused examinations, CPAs need to understand what types of returns are selected for examination and ways to help clients survive an IRS audit with little or no change. As a result of issue focused examinations, CPAs must understand what are the high audit risk area issues and what the IRS is focusing on when a return is examined. In addition, because tax-related identity theft is a common issue for many taxpayers, it is critical for CPAs to understand the procedures necessary to resolve this matter for their clients.
CPAs in public practice who prepare tax returns and represent their clients on IRS examinations
- Understand the IRS process for selecting returns for examination
- Identify the types of returns the IRS is examining
- Understand what are the hot examination issues the IRS is focusing on to help clients reduce their exposure to additional tax assessments
- Determine if your client is a victim of tax-related identity theft and the procedures to use to resolve strategies for dealing with IRS examiners and presenting your clients’ tax positions in the best light possible
- Criteria that the IRS uses to select returns for examination
- Worker classification determinations on who is an employee and who is an independent contractor
- S corporation officer’s reasonable compensation issues
- Responsibilities to pay the employment taxes when the business defaults
- Tax-related identity theft procedures
Experience in preparing individual and business tax returns
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.