Surgent’s Internal Control Fundamentals (Audit Skills Training: Level 1) (A1M7) (SSAA06/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $120
Obtaining an understanding of the entity and its environment is part of assessing risk of material misstatement, in order to design the nature, timing and extent of further audit procedures necessary to obtain sufficient appropriate audit evidence to support the auditor’s report. A critical component of understanding the entity and its environment is to evaluate the design and implementation of internal control over financial reporting.
Professionals new to evaluating the design and implementation of internal control
- Describe how to properly obtain an understanding of the entity and its environment
- Discuss the COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework
- Explain important considerations in documenting a systems description narrative
- Describe how to evaluate internal control design and implementation
- Gaining an understanding of the entity and its environment
- The inter-relationship of the five foundational components of the COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework
- Various methods for documenting and evaluating the design and implementation of internal control over financial reporting
- Critical elements of entity-level and transactional-level controls
- Case studies related to identifying deficiencies in internal control documentation
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.