Surgent’s Internal Control Advanced Concepts (Audit Skills Training – Level 4) (A4M4) (SSAA26/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $120
Internal controls are applied within an organization to satisfy objectives related to operations, compliance, and financial reporting. This module will provide practical analysis and tips for how a reporting entity can manage financial reporting risk in an effective and efficient way. This module will also differentiate the auditor’s responsibilities for internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley, Government Auditing Standards and Single Audit Act requirements.
Accountants who are responsible for evaluating the design or internal controls on financial statement audits, including audits in conformance with compliance requirements
- Discuss the evolution of internal control through the decades
- Describe the revamped 2013 COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework, including how the various components and principles interrelate to form a strong system of internal control over reliable financial reporting
- Explain important varying audit considerations, such as Sarbanes-Oxley, Government Auditing Standards, and Single Audit Act requirements
- Evolution of internal control concepts
- Revamped 2013 COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework
- Designing an adequate “umbrella” of internal controls over financial reporting to prevent, or detect and correct, material misstatement due to fraud or error
- Specific internal control considerations and sample documentation for smaller entities
- Additional responsibilities for the audits in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Government Auditing Standards and Single Audit Act requirements
Experience on basic audit engagements
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.