Surgent’s Individual Income Tax School (SITS) (SSTX93/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $640
This course will take new and administrative staff from the most basic concepts to a full understanding of individual tax return preparation — just in time for the crunch of busy season!
New staff, rusty or those returning to the profession, who desire to prepare individual returns
- Learn complicated issues of filing status and dependency exemptions
- Understand issues with reporting capital gains transactions
- Complete targeted comprehensive problems related to Schedule A, Schedule C, Schedule D, Form 4797 and Alternative Minimum Tax
- Overview of passive activity rules
- Complete a comprehensive tax return; answers with filled-in forms are provided
- Effects of recent legislation
- Filing information, filing status, personal exemptions, dependents, the standard deduction, etc.
- Wages and salaries
- Interest income, dividend income, mutual funds, Social Security
- Figuring tax
- Basic income tax preparation — From Form 1040A to Form 1040
- Capital gains and losses
- Medical and dental expenses, charitable contributions
- IRA contributions and distributions
- Distributions from qualified retirement plans, pensions, and annuities
- Profit and loss from business or profession and self-employment tax
- Unreimbursed employee business expenses — Form 2106
- Rental income and expenses
- How the Affordable Care Act affects tax returns
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.