Surgent’s Individual Income Tax Return Mistakes and How to Fix Them (INB4) (SSTX57/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $160
The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray; the same is true for taxpayers. Every practitioner has been confronted with a client who had a different twist on a tax idea. This course focuses on the law in order to break down 25 situations in which a taxpayer has attempted to push one of these ideas. The study of the law underlying the tax mistakes made will assist practitioners in satisfying their professional standards of practice and will help you in preparing Form 1040.
CPAs who wish to get a deeper insight into underlying tax law for some common client transactions that many offices have seen, plus some not so common client transactions
- Achieve significant insight into the major mistakes that can be made in individual tax and financial planning
- Develop strategies that will assist in not only avoiding mistakes but also in providing the best advice to your clients
- Individual income tax cases regarding income, adjustments, itemized deductions and dependency
- Don’t get caught watching the paint dry, the IRS ”Future State” Initiative
- How many Schedule A filers after TCJA
- When “gifts” can be taxable
- Why are manhole covers round?
- Does aggregating passive activities also aggregate “At-Risk”?
- Hazy situation, two seemingly similar cases, yet one results in ordinary tax treatment, the other capital treatment (Heads they win, tails we lose)
- Chained CPI Index and Social Security – Is the horse within the gates?
- When a “rollover” is not a rollover, the Claim of Right Doctrine
- What are the risks with non-traditional IRA investments
- The last word in alimony is not always the best word
- Failing alimony’s same household requirement
- Failure to report income witnessed by 20 million people
- Form 8938 for reporting foreign financial assets and updated rules. How much trouble results in not filing a FinCEN Form 114?
- The future of Social Security
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.