Surgent’s How to Settle an Estate – An Overview (HSEO) (SSTX50/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $80
This course discusses the legal issues in probating and contesting a will, plus the practical issues involved when settling an estate – marshaling of assets, payment of creditors, and distribution and accounting to beneficiaries. Inventory of estate assets is also discussed.
CPAs who wish to assist in settlement of an estate, regardless of size
- Describe the process of estate administration, including the basics of creating the estate
- Identify the steps to take immediately upon the death of the decedent
- State the problems and pitfalls associated with the distribution of estate assets
- Know what to do when faced with legacies of solvent and insolvent estates
- Process of estate administration, including the basics of creating the estate, the role of the executor, and how to probate a will
- Steps to take immediately upon the death of the decedent and the importance of inventorying the estate assets
- Problems associated with the distribution of estate assets
- Utilizing family settlement agreements
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.