Surgent’s Guide to Payroll Taxes and 1099 Issues (GPT4) (SSTX45/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $160
Employment taxes are often overlooked as an area where more planning may be effective. Payroll taxes have become an increasing burden for the average business and IRS penalties for noncompliance have risen dramatically in recent years. As a result, they have also been subject to employer incentives. The Service has announced that uncovering noncompliance by employers ranks high on its audit list. This course presents an overview of employee versus independent contractor criteria, the federal payroll taxes form, Form 1099, and related compliance issues.
CPAs in public accounting and industry with responsibility for payroll tax compliance
- Distinguish an employee from an independent contractor and understand the relief available to employees who misclassify
- Understand the withholding requirements for FICA and federal income taxes for Forms W-2 and 1099, including back-up withholding
- Comply with the quarterly and annual reporting for employment tax deposits and filings
- Examine employer requirements regarding Form W-4
- Statutory employees, independent contractors, and possible changes to §530 relief
- Using SS-8
- Payroll Tax Penalties — Who is a responsible person?
- Forms W-2, 1099, SS-8, W-4, 941, and Form 940 reporting/deposit requirements and due dates
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.