Surgent’s Guide to Calculating S Corporation Stock Basis and Creating and Maintaining Basis Worksheets (CSSB) (SSTX34/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $80
This program discusses, in a practical way, how an S corporation shareholder calculates his or her stock and loan basis. This topic is particularly important when an S corporation has a loss and the shareholders wish to know whether they are entitled to fully utilize the loss that has been allocated to them against their other income.
Any tax practitioner with S corporations or S corporation shareholders as clients
- How to calculate an S corporation shareholder’s basis in his or her S corporation shares
- Understand and apply the S corporation shareholder loan basis rules
- How to determine S corporation shareholder stock and loan basis
- The positive and negative basis adjustments S corporation shareholders make–and the order in which they are made
- The election to reduce basis by deductible losses and expenses before reducing basis by nondeductible expenses
- Shareholder loan basis rules
Basic understanding of tax rules relating to S corporations and S corporation shareholders
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.