Surgent’s Getting the Choice of Entity Right: Tax Law, Strategy, and Tactics (CBES) (SSTX27/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $320
Tax rates are always a critically important factor in choosing the form of business organization, and the individual and corporate rates are particularly important in 2018 and beyond. The rates demand a reconsideration of current businesses and a different analysis for new ventures. By comparing and contrasting the tax aspects of C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, and limited liability companies, this course focuses on distinctions that can make big differences. This in-depth course will cover planning opportunities and potential pitfalls in developing a business structure. This course is a must for all practitioners.
CPAs who are considering starting a new business or who advise clients on the form of business organization that is best in light of recent tax law changes
- Identify the various business organizations available and their nontax criteria
- Distinguish the tax characteristics of a sole proprietorship, LLC/partnership, S corporation, and C corporation
- Understand the formation and exit strategy tax issues
- Discuss the questions and concerns on choice of entity as well as those involving related entities
- Tax considerations in the organization of an enterprise and the pitfalls to avoid
- Non-tax considerations
- How income tax rates affect choice of entity
- Formation of a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, single-member LLC, S corporation, and C corporation
- Practical guidelines on which entity structure to use under various circumstances and relevant changes in the law
- Comparing and contrasting the tax aspects of partnerships with sole proprietorships, S corporations with partnerships, C corporations with S corporations, and partnerships with C corporations, and limited liability companies with all other entities
- Choice of entity in structuring real estate investments or a professional business
- Fringe benefits and retirement plans: which entities have special advantages
- Liquidations, dissolutions, and dispositions of a business
- Case study explores the questions of related corporations
- NEW: Tax rates under the 2017 Act, in particular, new §199A, which provides a deduction of 20%, in certain instances, to pass throughs such as LLCs and S corporations
A basic course in partnerships/LLCs and in S corporations
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.