Surgent’s From Hiring to Firing and Everything In Between: Legal and Payroll Tax Issues (HFE4) (SSOT09/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $160
The employer-employee relationship strains both sides in uncertain times, and businesses need CPAs, controllers, and other advisors to provide understanding of the complex legal and payroll tax issues associated with all aspects of employment, especially now. This course provides in-depth coverage of this critical area. Updated and supplemented throughout the year for breaking developments.
CPAs who need an in-depth understanding of employment issues
- Identify the legal issues in hiring, evaluating, and firing employees
- Discuss federal laws that curtail an employer in taking actions involving employees and applicants
- Hiring and firing issues: what questions cannot be asked in an interview; how to document employee performance; establishing an annual review system; when an employer may and may not fire an employee; and much more
- Employment contracts: an analysis of the legal and planning issues in structuring employment contracts; when noncompetition agreements will and will not work
- Employment issues in the economy: telecommuters and other special situations
- Legal liability issues: recognition of age discrimination, sex discrimination, FLSA issues, minimum wage, overtime, sexual harassment, and more
- Statutory employees, independent contractors, and possible changes to §530 relief
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.