Surgent’s Fraud Basics: Protecting the Company Till (DRF4) (SSAA70/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $160
Our focus is to reduce the overall risk of fraud. To that end, this course focuses on what factors contribute to turning honest employees into schemers. Discussion will include integrity and ethics, as well as how people may react in certain situations.
CPAs in public practice and industry who wish to educate clients or colleagues on how to better prevent fraud from occurring at the source – would-be fraudsters
- Understand the prevalence of fraud
- Realize how organizations may cause fraud without realizing it
- Comprehend the cost of fraud
- See how the new COSO Framework for Internal Control focuses on fraud
- Understand that there are many layers in fraud defense
- Fraud’s cost: ACFE’s Report to the Nations; Ancillary costs
- Current economy: Microeconomics; Analyses
- COSO’s Internal Control Framework: Principle #1 – Integrity/Ethics; Principle #8 – Fraud Risk Assessment
- Power of morale: Shrink the fraud triangle; Motivation
- Why good folks go bad: What studies indicate; Five interesting findings; Red flags
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.